Useful & Beautiful and Women in Tech ZA today announced the final speaker line-up for the inaugural Women in Tech & Digital Conference – to be held on 12 June at the Belmont Square Conference Centre in Rondebosch, Cape Town.
The event, unusually, features an all-female speaker lineup, including:
- Comedian Mel Jones – MC and hostess
- Anna Collard – Popcorn Training – a KnowBe4 company, founder and MD – Female entrepreneurship in Cyber Security
- Aisha Pandor – SweepSouth co-founder and CEO – The journey from student/researcher to employee to entrepreneur and making the purpose-driven decision (as scary as it was!) to quit my job
- Birgitta Cederstrom – VP Commercial Brand & Demand MEA MD B Incorporate, Frost & Sullivan – Demystifying AI, Machine Learning and other Tech Buzzwords
- Barbara Mallinson – Obami founder and CEO – Oh, the lessons I’ve learned! My experiences as an entrepreneur in Africa
- Jacqui Mackway-Wilson – Go Social SA founder – How to get the best out of social media for your business
- Lorraine Steyn – KRS founder and CEO – Sustaining your leadership as an industry expert over the years – aka leading from the trenches
- Lynette Hundermark – U&B co-founder and CPO – Integrating the Silos of Tech and Digital to create purposeful solutions
The event also features two panel discussions. The first, to be chaired by Cathryn Reece, product owner at Property24, will cover wellness including sleep (and getting enough of it), stress, health/fitness, parenting and health trends/work wellness with sleep scientist Dr Dale Rae of the Sports Science Institute, LivFit founder Olivia du Plessis, and Business Insider editor Helena Wasserman.
The second will be chaired by Samantha Perry – Women in Tech ZA co-founder – and delve into technology in action, particularly AI, Blockchain and Machine Learning, with Celina Lee (Co-Founder & CEO at Zindi Africa), Debra Roodt (CCO, Xago), Genevieve Mannel (Head of IT at Cipla), and Emma Kaye (Founder and CEO of Bozza).
Event beneficiary Sisters Incorporated, a safe house for abused women and children, will present on its activities after lunch. The day will conclude with drinks and networking.
Tickets for the Cape Town event are on sale now for R2000. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://usefulandbeautiful.co.za/events/ to purchase. Ticket sales close on 5 June and limited seats are available.
With thanks to our sponsors Popcorn Training – a KnowBe4 company – and the Belmont Square Conference Centre, media partner ITWeb, without whom this event would not be possible, and our prize sponsors Rouge Day Spa, OneDayOnly, Hope Distillery, TRACE, Kaku, Wellness Warehouse and ELEMIS who will be helping us to treat our delegates to goodies and spot prizes on the day.
Contact: Samantha Perry, Women in Tech ZA, email@example.com