Yes, We Have Changed Our Logo!
You may have noticed that we, Women in Tech ZA, have changed our logo. We have done this as we have connected with several Women in Tech Chapters around South Africa and Botswana, so we wanted to use a logo that can easily be altered to suit each chapter as well as clearly be associated with their umbrella organisation, US!
About the logo: In 2016 Women in Tech Cape Town ran an online competition for the community to submit designs for the community. After receiving over 20 designs we got the public to vote for their favourite design and the winner was the below by Samuel Molahloe.
Women in Tech Chapters:
As of March 2018, Women in Tech ZA is grown from being an online platform to being connected to 4 Women in Tech Chapters around Sub Saharan Africa. (Thank you to Mishal Weston for editing all the logos from Samuel Molahloe’s original design)
Women in Tech ZA Goals: In February 2018 Robyn Farah became chairperson for Women in Tech ZA. Her aims are:
- To have active women in tech communities all over South Africa connected to Women in Tech ZA
- A “Woman in Tech of the Week” feature on the Women in Tech ZA website weekly.
- Have active Social Media platforms
- Get sponsorship to collect data on females in Science, Tech, Engineering and Maths (STEM) in South Africa
- Join a chapter near you here.
- Start a chapter near you. Email Robyn.
- Volunteer, join a committee, do remote online work for Women in Tech ZA. Email Robyn.
- Sponsor. Email Robyn.
- Partner. Email Robyn.
- Be featured as “Woman in Tech of the Week”. Email Robyn.
Did you know that Women in Tech is registered as an NPC this means that donations to our organisation are tax deductible!